Buckypalooza!!!!

It’s that time of year again, when Mrs. Buckmaster gets another year older! My birthday is March 24. I love math, so every year for my birthday I have a contest to see who can be the most creative with order of operations.

This year, the contest is to come up with an interesting way to make the number 30, since that’s how old I’ll be! Using order of operations, write an equation that is equal to 30. The bigger, the better! Any elementary school student may enter from anywhere in the world! To enter, make a comment on this post with your equation.

Some quick things to help you type your equations:
* to show exponents (powers), use the ^ symbol (hold shift and press the number 6). Example: 3^2 means “three to the second power”.
* To show division, use the backslash /. Example: 9/3 means “nine divided by three”.
* to show multiplication, use a lowercase letter x or use the asterisk * (shift and 8).

That’s all! Please send me lots of equations for my birthday! The deadline for entries is March 23. The winner will be given/sent a Bucky Bear!

10 thoughts on “Buckypalooza!!!!

1. my problom is: 1+1+1+1+1+1+(1×1)+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=
    30

2. Hey Mrs. B check this out (its not wrong!) and i still used all the letters in PEMDAS (in order)
    (3+7) + 6^3 x 2 + 5 – 417 = 30!!!!!!!!!!! Genius am i right?

Spencer

3. Hey It’s Nadia. I have a great problem.(that’s what I think).
    Here it is:
    (30/2)+6^2×2/-6=30
    🙂

4. This is really awesome! I definitely got 30 and it took me a half sheet of paper to finish it! 🙂

5. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Your problem definitely equals 30….good job! 🙂

6. That was clever, Daniel! I had to count all those ones, but it does equal 30! Nice work! 🙂