Student Blogs

Our student blogs are up!

I’m very excited about our student blogs this year. Last year, only a few students were given a blog, but this year everyone has their own webspace!

I see the blogs serving more than one function. For starters, it makes a great digital portfolio. Students and parents will be able to see how writing improves over time by reading through old posts. The blog is more convenient than having a portfolio on a disk because it can be accessed anywhere there is an internet connection…and you don’t have to keep up with a disk that can be easily lost or damaged. I also hope that the blogs will create a platform for discussion that reaches far beyond our classroom, school, or even our country. By inviting people from all over the world to read our blogs, we can gain new perspectives and make real global connections.

So if you have time, stop by and read some of the blogs of our fifth graders. They can be found on the right hand sidebar under “blogroll”. Comments are very much appreciated!

7 thoughts on “Student Blogs

1. Today I read Ansen’s blog. He sounds a lot like me… playing instruments and going to the lake. (That was how I grew up too.) It turns out we have a lot of things in common. I always knew we both had more energy than we knew what to do with.
    But I don’t get the “naruto dude” title. I guess he can explain it to me later. peace out, dawgs:)

2. Dear MS. B’s Amazing 5th Graders,
    I have read all of your blogs and YOU ROCK!!!!!! I am so impressed with your Hopes and Dreams and with the improvements some of you have made in your writing. There are some great events that have occurred in some of your lives (like Grateful Dead concerts when you are 1 year old and a little brother who uses fingernail polish; or remembering Social Studies games and titles like “naruto dude”. (I’m with Mrs. Lowell on that one, I can hardly wait to find out what it refers to , though I bet it has something to do with Pokeman or anime or those new little creatures that were all the rage at the end of last year….or something similar????) Anyway, I am really excited about your blogs and hope you will be willing to help my 4th graders when they are ready for something like this. They really look up to you already. (And they will really like having your help with Math especially.)
    Keep up the good work and PEACE OUT!
    Ms. P

3. I read each blog and enjoyed every minute! Keep it up Ms. B’s kids! Sierra, your blog reads like a young adult novel…future writer perhaps?

4. Thanks for posting your blogs! It is great to hear such wonderful hopes and dreams coming from you, our Peeler “Seniors”! It sounds like you are going to have a super year!

5. These blogs are wonderful! Congratulations kids! I have read every one of the blogs and they brought so many smiles! I haven’t left everyone a note yet, but slowly, slowly, I will!
    So many of you have had very interesting lives thus far, and will surely go on to many more adventures and challenges.
    Keep up the great work. We all have BLOG FEVER! I look forward to many more reads!
    Ms. Mannino
    http://www.piazzamannino.edublogs.org